Friday, August 21, 2015

Happy Music Makings

"Happy Music Makings"

It has been six months since I started working in Chicago again. Very glad to be back and met all the new students, parents, musicians, neighbors and all kinds of great people.

How many can one do in 6 months? I think I've been doing pretty good. Built my teaching studio back up to around 30 students now. Got a decent piano at home. Purchased plenty of music books. This summer we did a teacher-student collaboration concert at the Sulzer Regional Library, Chicago named "Summer Music Matinee." It was a nice experience for me, for my friends Dalia, Anna and my dear clarinet student Camden on his first performance on clarinet, on music and in the public ;)

At the end of July, I was honored to be invited to give a music career talk at After School Matters program at Pui Tak Center. Remember when I was their age (age 15-16), I was already planning to study music and become a full time musician.

In August, five of my piano students and I performed the "Little Pianists' Summer Recital" at the Unity Lutheran Church in Chicago. Everyone played so so good. I'm very very proud of my students! They work really hard. Thanks to their parents and grandparents. Their unlimited love, support as well as encouragement are what inspired me to become a better, more patience teacher.

During the past 6 months, I also updated my personal website (www.yuenyeelam.com), built our Richardson's website (www.richardsonsartmusic.com) and Adjacent Cruise's website (www.adjacentcruise.com). Lot is IT work. Haha and I'm not very good at it. Just started my YouTube channel as well to include some of my students' performances. Check it out at www.youtube.com/user/yuene53

So far, teaching has been wonderful. Starting to do some performances again, on both clarinet and piano. Oh my students said I sing beautifully in lessons so maybe I should consider that. Anyways, I have also been rehearsing with my beloved husband on his original songs. We call our team Adjacent Cruise. Hopefully we can start performing as Adjacent Cruise soon!! Stay tuned and sign up for our mailing list!

Happy Music Makings, everyone! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment